Text by Mandi Keighran / Photos: Henny Boogert
What makes an iceman?
- In experiments conducted on him, Hof stood in a cylinder filled with 700kg of ice. His core body temperature remained at 37°C
- Hof is able to raise his cortisol levels and suppress cytokines (flammatory bodies) using his meditation techniques
- In 2007, Hof attempted to climb Mt Everest wearing only shorts and no shoes. He failed the attempt due to a foot injury
- Hof can suppress his immune response by 50 per cent, meaning he showed hardly any flu-like symptoms during experiments
- In 2010, Hof visited the North Pole, where he held his breath for 6 minutes and 20 seconds below the surface of the ice
- Hof once demonstrated his free climbing skills by hanging between two hot air balloons by his middle finger at an altitude of 1,500m
Click onto the next page to find out more about the Inner Fire Workshops...